The Love Of My Life

The Love Of My Life

Thursday, February 17, 2011

48.... 1 yr anniversary

So a year ago today I made a decision that forever changed my life! .....
I received a phone call from a co-worker telling me that Anthony was arrested at work... Earlier that day Anthony just so happened to come into work early and I was on break. So we chatted.... He had been dating this girl for 11 years and it was not a healthy relationship. I had heard tons of stories previous due to us working together for 2 years.  He walked to work pretty much on a daily basis b/c they shared a vehicle and she would only let him use it when she was feeling nice. I would always offer to give him a ride but he would refuse due to what his g/f at the time would say. He pretty much walked on egg shells with her.
When I found out that Anthony was arrested I immediately thought that I needed to bail him out. At the time I was in a relationship.  But in my heart I knew I was supposed to go pick Anthony up. I told my mom and she was ok with it. I figured that she would have thought it was kind of strange but if she did she never expressed it.  When I got to the jail Anthony couldnt believe that I was the one to bail him out. He thought it might have been his g/f or his parents. But when he saw it was me he was pretty shocked. He called his mom and let her know that everything was ok. She was ecstatic. Anthony ended up staying that night at my place and I got no sleep b/c he told story on top of story on top of story. 
I ended up ending the relationship I was in b/c in my heart I felt God pulling me in a different direction. It was a rough couple of months going to church and taking lots of criticism. But I got through it. My parents even thought I was crazy at first. I have always been someone to make quick and rash decisions, but I knew this one was the right one. A month later Anthony proposed. And then 7 months later we were married. Here we are a year into our relationship and we have 2 babies on the way and he will soon be adopting Jadon.... 
Anthony had to deal a lot with the courts, pay tons of fees and take classes due to the scuffle with his ex. During all this his ex sent many e-mails begging for him to come back to her. A couple months after Anthony and I got together his ex was arrested for the same thing that she got him arrested for on her new boyfriend.  I'm so glad that he is finally out of that situation and that God was able to work on his behalf.  Sometimes we go through things in life not understanding why, but in the end it was all worth it.  Im extremely thankful to now have a loving husband and father to my son. God has truly blessed us in this past year!  Can;t wait to see what the future holds =)

went and saw sanctum in 3-d

ate at crispers.... YUM!!


Oh and p.s.  
My sister is currently in labor. Eloise should be here within the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment