The Love Of My Life

The Love Of My Life

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Submission...

So last night in our Woman's Group Pastor Nicholle spoke to us on "Submission". UGH! This is something I have ALWAYS had a hard time with. Whether it was my parents, teachers, co-workers, authority above me, GOD, and even my husband.  I'm not a very good "submitter".  I am the one who will do something just because you told me not too. It's not something I am proud of. Although I must say that I am getting MUCH better!!

 Submission is not a recommendation but it is a command by God. I'm going to share just a few of the BIBLICAL submissions that were shared last night... #1 Submit to ALL mankind (OUCH) #2 Submission is voluntary, it comes from the heart. #3 Submission gives us the right to bless others. #4 It's a matter of priority. #5 It brings attention to God. #6 It promotes dependence #7 Silence in innocent suffering.
We also talked about secular submission.... Which I fell under a lot of those. So it kinda showed me things that I need to work on....

This morning while I was reading Romans 14...  I felt pretty convicted. It kinda lined up with what PN was saying last night, at least that's how it spoke to me. 



As an outspoken person, it's hard for me to hear or see something that's not right and NOT speak up about it.  Some have different opinions than I do and that is completely ok. But as I am learning it's best to just keep quiet. The more we experience life the more we see how awful people truly are. It's sad.  You only hear from people when things are going GREAT, but if they are down in the dumps they stay tucked away in their shells. Ok... so I could seriously start ranting but I won't.  lol

Soooo.... Where were we? Today I took the kids to the park, by myself. That's HUGE! It's really hard to go and do things when Anthony is at work but I try. The girls LOVED swinging in the swings... So I think this might become a daily trip (maybe). (It's kinda dangerous having the kids by myself at a secluded park. Luckily there were 2 other mommy's there today.) And Jadon of course loved releasing all his energy.

It's a beautiful breezy day today. Kinda overcast, I love it. The fast is still going strong. I've been pretty irritable these past couple of days. I need coffee and I need sugar! We only have 1 week left! WOO HOO!  Softball starts this Sunday and that makes me REALLY happy. I'm really excited to play again... I haven't even thrown a ball in 6 years. I know it's going to be a blast and lots of laughs i'm sure! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment