The Love Of My Life

The Love Of My Life

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 65... BABIES!

Sunday March 6th:

We had our babies!!! =D




At midnight on Sunday March 6th I was having some pretty rough pains in my stomach. I went to sleep to try and sleep it off. Woke up again at 2am and the pains were worse. My husband kept asking what was wrong and if I was ok.... and I told him no. That I needed to go to the hospital. My husband was supposed to leave for Georgia at 4am so we were in a dilema on what to do. We ended up going to Deland Hospital b/c it was only 10 minutes from our house and our gas light was on. I was in too much pain to have to go all the way to Daytona. We get to the hospital and find out that I am 3cm dialated and 30% effaced. They gave me a shot to stop labor but it didn't help. The dr. on call got there about an hour or so later and when she checked I was 5cm and 80% effaced. They were going to let me leave and go to halifax, but it was already too late. Labor was progressing way too quickly. At almost 5am they let me know that they were going to go ahead and do the c-section. THANK GOD ANTHONY DIDN'T GO TO GEORGIA!!!

Ava was born at 6:23am and weighed 4.10lbs (we thought it was 4.6 but they corrected her weight after everything was in the computer) and she is 17 1/2 inches long. Lydia was born right after weight 5.1lbs and she is 18 1/2 inches long. Ava is the spitting image of Jadon and I when we were babies. She has very little light colored hair and very fair skin. Lydia looks just like Anthony with a head full of very dark hair and olive colored skin. They are both soooo precious!

Both girls are being closely monitored and are hooked up to oxygen. Their lungs are not fully developed yet. They have transferred them to Orlando, while I have to stay at deland hospital. I was told that they will most likely discharge me tomorrow as long as everything stays good throughout the night. I am in pretty severe pain even with the pain meds. Tomorrow we will most likely be staying at the Ronald Mcdonald House and continue to stay there as long as we feel the need to. Friends and family are allowed to visit as long as Anthony or I am there. Grandparents are allowed to visit whenever they want to. No kids under the age of 16 are allowed in to see the girls. We are hoping that this will be a quick recovery for our girls since they seems to be doing very well. On a good note I will be able to recover while they are =)  

I have to say having a c-section was pretty frightening. Much easier than a vaginal delivery but this recovery stuff SUCKS! lol My husband has been awesome through this all. He has waited on me hands and foot. He was also a trooper watching the entire delivery. I dont know how he stomached it! I am so thankful that the girls made it here! I was 34 weeks today. Our lives will never be the same without them. Double the fun, double the blessing, double the love. Our hearts are happy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment